Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A new life.

17 days ago my life changed forever.
I moved by myself back to America without my family.
My life since has been so busy and I am now having a chance to breath.

So what's it like being halfway around the world from your family? It sucks.

January 12th was the hardest day of my life. I said goodbye. Now most people my age go off to college and say goodbye but come home on the holidays reconnect, reunite. But for me saying goodbye was a whole different story. I said goodbye for potentially 2 1/2 years to my family who lives overseas.
As we pulled in the Airport in Singapore It felt so real. I felt scared. I didn't know what life would be like without my parents or brothers. They were my life.
As I got checked in and stuff we all walked to the gate. The tears are pouring. It was time to say goodbye.
As I hugged each member of my family the pain grew stronger and stronger. My heart felt like it was being ripped out. My youngest brother wouldn't let go. My other brother was holding my hand. I felt like I was loosing them. As we said our last goodbyes, and I walked away, that feeling was the worst feeling in my life. On top of that I had a whole 24 hours in flight to dwell on that.
As I got off that plane saw the rest of my family, It reminded me they were not there.

Now 17 days later, I still miss my family so terribly much. That has not changed one bit. I cry a lot. I think about them all the time. I look at pictures remembering the good times. But I have learned that I have people here for me. They are here to support. They have loved me with open arms, and having someone beside you even though you are in these trials you can have joy because HE has provided and earthly love here.
I thank HIM everyday for providing me with people here. With best friends who just listen, and then make me laugh.
I am so blessed. HE has provided me with a job that is just amazing. Working everyday with 5 little boys. They give me so much joy and always make me laugh. I am so Thankful HE provided me with this job, that family has been a huge blessing and just taken me in as their own. I appreciate it so much more than I can say.

I can honestly say HE has provided me with the best family.
I miss them. I think about them all the time. But to see afar the work HE has done and is doing is AWESOME!! and Hey...That's my family!! :) (Lets just say I am one proud daughter and sister!)
I also have the best family here in America as well. They have just hugged and loved on me so much, and I can't thank them enough. I have had sweet times and conversations and relationships grown, I can't wait to see them grow more.

Days like these where I have time to think about things are hard.But I know HE is in control of all the trials and hard times. HE loves me and is holding me in HIS arms.
Therefore I can have joy.

Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory.
Take my life and let it be Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment